The Arabian Racing Organisation (ARO) is delighted to announce that the UK Breeders Incentive Scheme, designed to reward UK Arabian breeders who race their horses with ARO, will have an increase in payments for 2023. Like last year the scheme will offer monetary incentives per race, however this season black type races will also be included. Payments will go to the ARO registered breeder of any horse placed first, second or third in Purebred Arabian Races under the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) regulations for Arabian Horse Racing 2023.
To be eligible:
– The breeder/owner, must be registered with ARO in 2023 and confirm they are domiciled in the UK (proof of address is required).
– Arabians must be bred in the UK and registered with the Arab Horse Society (passport to confirm the breeder).
– Arabian horses must be registered to race with ARO during 2023 by no later than 30th April 2023.
– Horses must finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd in any eligible Purebred Arabian race in the UK in 2023, including Listed and Group Races.
– Awards will be as follows: 1st £150, 2nd £100, 3rd £50.
In eligible races that are won by non-qualified horse/breeder, the bonus scheme prize money will accumulate into the UK Arabian Breeders Fund and supplement the total funding available in 2023.
Throughout the season there will be a points system to establish the ‘Leading UK Breeder’ of 2023, as well as recognition for the second and third placed breeder. The Leading UK Breeder will be awarded a nomination to a selected stallion free of charge – though this does not include the veterinary, technical and shipment costs which remain payable by the breeder. The Arabian Racehorse magazine will be supporting the scheme again this year and will provide the leading UK breeder with a framed photo of their highest rated horse of the 2023 season.
Genny Haynes, ARO Chief Executive Officer commented: “ARO was delighted with the success of the scheme last year, rewarding financially the breeders who continued to support UK Arabian racing, as well as offering free nominations to the top three breeders. To be able to increase the awards, both financially and in the scope of races that qualify, shows ARO’s long term commitment to invigorating the domestic breeding of racing Arabians.
“We also thank The Arabian Racehorse magazine for their continued support of our racing in the UK.”