Information and assistance for all aspects of racing overseas may be sourced through the International Racing Bureau who have assisted both thoroughbred and Arabian trainers worldwide for over 45 years.
The IRB can assist with:
– Finding suitable races for your horse abroad.
– Enter your horse in foreign races.
– Provide an entries list with: weights, ratings, forfeit, supplement, declaration and cancellation dates and an update of those lists at each stage.
– Weather and going reports.
– Carry out forfeits, declarations and cancellations when instructed.
– Source shipping agents and advise on quarantine and health requirements.
– Find local jockeys when requested.
– Provide any further information when required.
IRB Arabian racing contact: Max Pimlott
Tel: +44 (0) 1638 668 881
Fax: +44 (0) 1638 665 032
Mobile: +44 (0) 7970 154 614
In order to race overseas ARO provides performance certificates and racecourse clearance notifications for horses registered in the UK with ARO, which must be sent to the relevant overseas racing authority before any overseas declarations are made.
As soon as you have run abroad you are required fill in an ARO Foreign Performance form and return the form to the ARO office.
Please note jockey requirements and conditions vary from country to country so please make sure that you are qualified or have a qualified jockey to ride for you.
For any travel requirements; LG Bloodstock Shipping:
“In August 2010, James Luck and Lucy Greayer founded Luck Greayer (LG) Bloodstock Shipping. With over thirty combined years in the Bloodstock Shipping Industry behind us, we felt that it was time to offer a new bespoke shipping service based around our core beliefs of service, quality and attention to detail.” To contact LG Bloodstock please go to http://www.lgbloodstock.com/
Once you have run abroad you must fill in an ARO Foreign Performance form so that this can be added to your horses form. Please click on the link below and print off a copy then email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any more help or advice, please contact the ARO office on 01635 524 445.