ARO, officially the Arabian Racing Organisation Limited, is the sole Arabian Racing Authority in the UK, operating with the support and permission of the British Horseracing Authority.
The Arabian Racing Organisation is responsible for the following activities:
- Regulation- we maintain and develop the regulations for the sport, which are approved annually by the British Horseracing Authority
- Race Planning- we organize the Fixture list on an annual basis and implement the decisions of the Race Planning Committee
- Publications- we publish the regulations, racing calendars and all information relating to racemeetings
- Promotion- we are responsible for the promotion of the sport as a whole and of individual racemeetings
- Planning- strategic planning for the future of the sport
- Represent the UK- including attending meetings of the International Federation for Arabian Horseracing Authorities.